The Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education announces ta the general public and prospective applicants that the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in he United Kingdom is offering some post graduate scholarships under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan tenable in the United Kingdom from September 2024.
The scholarships are offered under six (06) themes (demains):
- Science and technology for development;
- Strengthening health systems and capacity; Promoting global prosperity;
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance;
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises;
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
The awards may be in any of the following categories:
- One year taught Master’s at an eligible UK institution;
- A three-year doctorate programme (Ph. D.)
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealt country, or be a British protected person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by September 2024;
- Must hold a first degree of at least upper second class honours (2:1) standards fo the Master’s level;
- Must hold a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (Master’ degree) for PhD candidates;
- Applicants must provide a supporting statement from a proposed superviser in the U from at least one of the institutions named on your application form;
- Must NOT be registered or have commenced a PhD, or an MPhil leading ta a PhD at UK University or in your home country before September/October 2024;
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship;
- Must have provided all supporting documents in the required format;
- Must have secured admission in a UK University which has a part funding agreement with the CSC. For a list of these universities, visit the CSC website on UK universities.
- A stamped handwritten application addressed to the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education;
- A copy of the Online Application Form;
- A medical certificate of fitness;
- A certified copy of birth certificate;
- Certified copies of GCE A/L or Baccalaureate;
- Copies of University Degrees Certified by your Institutions; Certificate of Nationality;
- Photocopy of National ldentity Card;
- Copy of University transcripts (with certified translations if not in English);
- References from at least two individuals-submitted directly by the referees to the Online
Application System in PDF format, signed and on an institutional letterhead;
- Application System in PDF format, signed and on an institutional letterhead;
- 1 supporting statement from a named supervisor from at least one UK institution submitted directly by your proposed supervisor to the Online Application System.
- Except the first five requirements above, all other requirements must also be uploaded during the
- Online Application. Guidance to support your application is available at:
- All Candidates must submit their applications using the Online Application System (OAS) on or
- before 17 October 2023, including all supporting documents.
- Supporting documents submitted through the OAS must be in one of the following
- formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, jpeg not more than 5MB and must be on or before 17 October
- Information on how to use the online application system is on the CSC website;
- Candidates must have a mastery of the English language since studies are carried out in English.
A complete application file should be deposited at the Ministry of Higher Education, Room 1504 on or before Friday 20 October 2023 at 3:30pm prompt.