Internship Program at FAO ( The Food and Agriculture Organization)
The Internship Program at FAO for Students and Recent graduates aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The FAO Internship program provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree program or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programs. At the same time, the Program provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
Internship Program at FAO Benefits
- Opportunity to supplement academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO;
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Secretarial / Business Adminstration studies or a relevant field
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
Value of Award:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education
Duration of Programme: 6 Months
Visit Programme Webpage for Details