Maersk is looking for Collection Manager.
This is an exciting career opportunity in Douala Cameroon to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment. We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
Maersk being the global leader in the industry, you’ll have the opportunity to work for a large global organization and get exposure to excellent processes and systems. You will join an organization that offers a challenging and rewarding career where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded.
On leadership and mentoring, Maersk has a nurturing management culture. Throughout their career, your leaders will support your ideas and provide necessary advice and training. You’ll be given the opportunity to prove yourself, as well as challenging work that develops your abilities.
On career development, there are wide range of roles in Maersk and Maersk has a very good career mobility program that establishes a culture of priority consideration to internal candidates and to encourage employees to take responsibility for managing their careers whether to move laterally or vertically.
- Oversees credit management, risk management, payment monitoring and application, on account classification and collections.
- Has responsibility for leading and directing a team focusing on a segmented geographical area or sub process towards achieving timely and accurate collections of overdue or related accounts receivables processing.
- Manages collections activity for a specific segment/country/s within the organization.
- Drives the collections for their specific segment/country/s and working with several teams to ensure alignment between global processes and cluster specific requirements and outcomes.
- Focuses on collections function performed both in the global service centre and within the country.
- Assumes responsibility over a group of countries within his/her scope with a view to improving overall working capital position through sound management of overdue accounts and proactive engagement with stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of collections on a cluster and global level.
- Ensures effective and efficient collections for the assigned segment/country/s, such that the measurements show continuous improvement whilst aligning processes to the global standard.
Who we are looking for?
- Minimum of 5 yrs. in Collections/ Accounts Receivable.
- Bachelor’s degree holder, preferably in Finance or Economics.
- Extensive experience in Collections / Accounts Receivable.
- Strong leadership skills with Minimum 3 years of experience in leadership position.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English.
- Adaptable, innovative & results orientated.
- Resolve difficult situations with ease and good negotiation skills.
- Drive change and improvement.
- Able to influence without authority.
- Able to work with remote teams.
- People and customer oriented person.
NOTE: It is required to apply using an English CV.
Our recruitment process:
If your profile matches job requirements, our recruiter will get in touch to share more about the role and get to know you better
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply before The 14 of April 2023.