United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is hiring Human Resources (HR) Assistant
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Associate, the HR Assistant provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The HR Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
1.) Provides support to the HR Associate to the planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach
- Support to the HR Associate in ensuring the Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Support the HR Associate in the implementation input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR
2.) Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results: (Support to)
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (100/300 SSAs, SCs).
- Tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Collection of background information for submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB).
- Update of the CO rosters.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
3.) Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information to CRG.
- Provision of background information for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
4.) Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information for comprehensive and interim local salary, participation in the work of LSSC, hardship and place-to-place surveys.
5.) Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Secondary Education completed (Baccalaureate or GCE-A) in Arts, Administration, Economy, or Management ;
- specialized certification in HR or any University Degree in Business, or Public Administration, or Management, Human Resources, or Social Sciences, would be desirable (as an asset);
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
OR 1 year with a University Degree in HR and/or administrative experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (Microsoft Office) is mandatory.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is mandatory and will be a serious asset.
- Previous experience in HR management with UN System is an asset.
- Have an excellent command of the French language, a good knowledge of the English language (reading and writing) would be an additional asset
- LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
- LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
- LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
- LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
- Ethics- UN policy knowledge – ethics: Ethics UN policy knowledge – ethics Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity
- HR – Recruitment- Recruitment design and management: Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes
- HR – Recruitment- Assessment and selection: Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs
- HR – Talent Management-Performance management: Ability to produce and implement communications and advocacy campaigns which lead to impactful change
- HR – Compensation/remuneration- Payroll management: Knowledge of and ability to apply mechanisms and tools to collect payroll data, process payroll, and manage payroll reports
- Communications-Media Relations: Ability to develop media relations across all aspects of media work including relationships with media and preparing media materials such as messages
- Communications- Social Media management: Ability to represent and promote the UNDP brand in virtual communities and networks
- Business Management- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Ability to manage-communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
HOW TO APPLY?
Deadline: 13/12/2022 05:59
N.B: Ne payez aucun frais pour obtenir un emploi