Plan International is looking for Country Finance Manager
Title: Country Finance Manager
Functional Area Country Finance Team
Reports to Operational: Head of Operations
Functional: Regional Finance Manager
Location Yaounde Travel required 30%
Effective Date 1 January 2023 Grade E
Working in 54 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
The Country Finance Manager is responsible for leading, managing and developing the finance team to support the implementation of financial standards, processes and systems throughout Plan International Cameroon to enable it to deliver on its program strategies and accountabilities to children, communities and donors.
As a member of Extended Country Leadership Team, the CFM contributes to the development of the strategy of the country, understands impact of policy changes on Finance strategy, acts as financial sparring partner in management, and advises the management team on financial matters. Sets and ensures implementation of procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration of offices and carries out, optimises and oversees the financial accounting within the country.
The Country Finance Manager is also responsible for providing timely and reliable financial information and analysis that leads to effective decision making.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
- The position of Country Finance Manager is an integral part of the team responsible for the overall management of all areas related to finance: budgetary management, cash management and Financial Reporting.
- The position manages 7 Line reports: 01 Country Accountant; 01 Business Analyst; 01 Global Fund Accountant and 4 PIIA/ERM finance Coordinators;
- The Country Finance Manager leads the financial services which have an average annual budget of approximately 14 Million Euros
Country Leadership Team:
- Participate in Extended Country Leadership Team
- Support the Country Leadership Team to manage relationships and processes relating to partners (NGOs and communities), including partner assessment
- Take responsibility as part of the Extended Country Leadership Team for risk management processes in-country
Budgeting and planning:
- Communicate instructions and milestones for business planning, including long-term planning, budgeting, quarterly forecasting and cash flow forecasting
- Facilitate and coordinate business planning processes
- Consolidate and review planning inputs
- Support the Head of Operations to communicate business plans to the Regional Office (RO).
- Support the Head of Operations to disseminate approved business plans
- Organize and control the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting processes including communicating instructions, meeting deadlines
- Consolidate and review country operational budget
- Ensure financial due diligence of partners is completed as part of partner assessment processes
- Analyse new proposal budgets and conduct a Full Cost Recovery Assessment to ascertain if Plan would recover full cost and advise the Country Director appropriately
- Submit Annual budgets on time, well-phased and in accordance with budget guidelines and procedures
- Support the implementation of cost recovery policy
Financial reporting and cash management:
- Updating of the financial authorization matrix and obtaining the approval of the Country Director after the review of the Head of Operations at least annually and more frequently if required
- Manage general ledger and cash management processes
- Ensure Finance fulfils the agreed roles for payroll management
- Monitor transactions to partners
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax legislation
- Report program unit and country office results against budget, other key financial measures to the Country Leadership Team including advising on issues highlighted by the financials and recommendations to address these
- Support the Head of Operations submission of timely and reliable financial management information for both grants and individual giving funds including key aspects of compliance and financial accountability as required by Donors, internal rules and regulations
- Prepare, submit and follow up documentation for VAT reimbursement by Cameroon au authorities
- In liaison with the Partnership and Capacity Building Manager, ensure all Plan International Cameroon implementing partner organizations receive adequate financial management training and guidance so as to operate in accordance with Plan International Cameroon standards
- Ensure periodic financial reports are prepared and submit on time with accurate data matching with the Accounting software (balance sheet reports; bank reconciliation and other reports)
- Prepare annual financial report’s according to Cameroon law
Grants financial reporting and record keeping:
- Establishing complete grants budgets which include cost recovery of staff costs and support services
- Accurate maintenance of grants expenditure records including supporting documentation which is approved by the appropriate authority
- Review of financial reporting prepared for submission to donors to ensure it is accurate and on time.
- Maintaining close monitoring of advances to partners, expenditure reporting by partners and complete supporting documentation
- Ensure appropriate financial standards, controls processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to
- Ensure finance related audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in finance and other forms of audit reports
- Recruit, develop and motivate a high performing finance team
- Leading regular meetings of finance team members including those at the PIIA (Program Influencing and Implementation Area).
- Ensuring performance management of all finance staff occurs in line with the global standard
Implementation of Child and Youth Safeguarding measures
1. Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Reports to Country Director/Deputy CD-Ops whichever is relevant
- Provides financial services and business advice to CD and the project management team;
- Manages the performance of Finance and Grants staff of the project
- Regular participation in national INGO finance networks
- Responsible for project level liaison with the external auditors
- Responsible for the project level liaison with national office in the finance matters
- Work closely with Plan International National offices and country office staff on internal and external financial reviews and audits
- Work closely with project finance/grants/administrative staff and sub-grantees to ensure appropriate implementation of the project.
- Work closely with bank officials and other financial institution
- Work closely with Program Unit Managers on budget and expenditures monitoring
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in finance Accounting or Auditing or Finance or a related field
- A professional qualification in accountancy (e.g., CPA/CA/ACCA).
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and the financial management issues specific to it an advantage
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and the reporting requirements of major international grant donors
- Knowledge of OHADA accounting framework
- Knowledge of Cameroon
- Proven effective management skills leading teams across several sites and operating in a multi- cultural and matrix management structure
- Excellent proven financial analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate and foster in team members a strong commitment to meeting the needs of other employees and managers for financial services
- Good written and spoken English is also an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages and with Plan’s general ledger, grants tracking and SAP systems
- Striving for high performance across the team and for Plan’s business
- Strategic thinking and innovation – finding efficiencies in the use of resources
- Decision making and risk management – identification and action on financial risk management in line with compliance requirements
- Influence and communication – able to communicate concerns to managers and teams
- Building effective teams and partnerships – with teams and suppliers
- Developing people – leaving a legacy of a locally able team
- Self-awareness and resilience – operating in a highly volatile and developing context
HOW TO APPLY?
Closing Date: 08-12-22
N.B: Ne payez aucun frais pour obtenir un emploi
- Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe WhatsApp
- cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Telegram
- Nos différentes pages sur les réseaux sociaux :
- Facebook: infos concours et éducations