The Government of Ireland has recently commenced the invitation for submissions to its 2023 International Scholarship Program. In accordance with this initiative, a total of 60 scholarships will be granted to accomplished candidates for a duration of one year, encompassing undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral studies.
This opportunity is accessible to students hailing from countries outside the European Union and the European Economic Area. It is applicable to all academic disciplines. Applications must be completed and submitted through the designated online platform (referenced below). The deadline for application submission is set for 5:00 pm (Irish time) on March 24, 2023.
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships will be conferred upon exceptional students, ensuring their engagement in full-time study endeavors within Ireland.
Regarding the Government of Ireland Scholarships
ACADEMIC LEVEL: Master’s (M1 or M2), Doctorate (PhD1, 2, or 3).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 24, 2023.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Comprehensive funding provided.
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES: Students originating from non-European Union nations.
DESTINATION COUNTRY: Ireland.
Requirements for the Government of Ireland Scholarships
The Government of Ireland Scholarships are designated for exceptional students hailing from non-EU/EEA countries, who seek to engage in full-time academic pursuits within Ireland for a duration of one year. In addition to the program-specific prerequisites, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
• Demonstrate outstanding excellence in various domains, encompassing academic, personal, professional, and creative achievements.
• Exhibit exceptional communication skills.
• Participate in extracurricular activities, such as humanitarian endeavors, local, national, or international political involvement, arts, or sports.
Duration of the Program
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships offer the opportunity to pursue the following options:
- One year of a Master’s program: You have the choice to either complete your first year of the Master’s program (Master 1) in Ireland and the second year (Master 2) in your home country, or vice versa. If you opt for the latter, you will receive an Irish diploma upon completion of your studies.
- One year of a PhD program: Should you decide to undertake your final year of a PhD program in Ireland, you will have the privilege to defend your thesis at the host university in Ireland.
Advantages of the Irish Government Scholarships
The Irish government is pleased to offer a range of benefits through its esteemed scholarship program. As part of this initiative, deserving individuals will be granted the following privileges for a duration of one academic year:
- Stipend: An allowance of €10,000 will be provided to support the recipient’s living expenses and facilitate a conducive learning environment.
- Tuition and Fee Exemption: Successful applicants will be granted full exemption from the burden of tuition fees, enabling them to focus solely on their studies.
A total of 60 scholarships will be awarded annually for individuals pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees. These prestigious scholarships are available to students from diverse academic backgrounds, subject to the availability of spaces in their chosen fields of study.
It is important to note that upon completion of the program, should a student opt to pursue further studies in Ireland, they will be responsible for financing their education independently.
Here is a list of all eligible institutions. Click on the university name for a list of available programs of study:
- American College Dublin
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- CCT College Dublin
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
To be considered for the esteemed Government of Ireland Scholarship Program, interested candidates are required to adhere to the following application procedures:
STEP 1: Select a suitable master’s or PhD program offered by an eligible institution. The provided list of universities can assist you in identifying an appropriate field of study. Each program page contains a link to its dedicated application portal.
STEP 2: Complete the online application form specifically designed for the Government of Ireland Scholarship Program. Ensure that all relevant information is accurately provided.
It is crucial to note that the application deadline for the program is March 24, 2023. Successful applicants will be expected to commence their studies in September/October 2023.
For any inquiries or clarifications regarding the application process, please direct your questions to GOI-IES@hea.ie.